It’s that time of the month again where DC released their newest solicitations. And again, here are some of things I noticed:
- Trinity War is finally happening: It’s been over a year since DC fist announced the Trinity War event. It turns out the event is not even a grant one like everyone thought it would be. It a simple cross-over event between Justice League, Justice League of America and Justice League Dark. The event only last for two months and it doesn’t even come with stand-alone issues. It seems like kind of a let down so far. But who know, things always surprise me.
- There are still only 50 titles: It seems like DC has no plan on releasing new titles in July to fill up that magical number of 52. Maybe more to come in August.
- Batman Inc. to end: So Batman Inc. is ending this July. While there have been plenty of comics that ended already, I’m pretty sure this is the first time a series actually ended. Finally, a conclusion that’s meant to happen.
- A lot annual issues: There’s a fifth Wednesday in July, and DC grabs the opportunities to release a lot of annual issues. Mainly both Batman and Detective Comics annul 2 are coming out in July. Also, The Flash annul 2 is going to be about the first time Barry Allen met Hal Jordan in the The 52 universe. It’s good because I always like origin stories, and I’m interested in the friendship those two shared.
- Scott Lobdell is writing everything: I don’t want to be mean though, but I don’t like Scott Lobdell’s work at all. I think Teen Titans can always do better, and Superman is really one of the worst title in The New 52. So you can imagine how mad I was when I found out that Lobdell is also writing Action Comics‘ July issue.
- Batman/Super visiting Earth 2: Alright, this is just too awesome. Apparently they’re going to meet their Earth 2 counterpart too.
Yeah, so that’s it. We shall see how the Trinity War turns out. Hopefully it’s good, because it will be disappointing if it turns out to be bad after a long year wait.